MAC
History

The Milwaukee Athletic Club was established on September 18, 1882 by eight young men for the purpose of "developing of the bodily powers through gymnastic and other exercises”. Since that time, the MAC has enjoyed much growth and change.

Nine buildings housed the Club before it moved in 1917 to its present site on the corner of Broadway and Mason. The MAC occupies all 12 floors of the building. Within these walls is a fablous dining room, 17 private meeting rooms including our Grand Ballroom, 55 guestrooms, 2 cocktail lounges, library, barber shop, child care room, racquetball and squash courts, co-ed fitness studio and private men's and women's athletic facilities, each with its own lap pool.

Although its focus has always been athletics, the MAC now provides a broader range of services and opportunities for its membership. Today, the MAC also focuses on business and social functions and is the only private club in Milwaukee that offers dining, meeting rooms, guestrooms and full athletic facilities.

The MAC is governed by a twelve-member Board of Directors that sets Club policy and directs the General Manager. The General Manager oversees a staff of about 150 full and part time employees. A number of different committees, most comprised of both Board and Club members, address specific issues.

In keeping with the structure of a private club, all new members must be approved by the Board of Directors.



Bowling at the MAC

 


Events at the MAC

 


Dancing at the MAC

 

Workout. Network. Have Fun.